SSC social studies important question & Model Paper for 2012
Note:ANSWER ANY FIVE QUESTION CHOOSING AT LEAST TEO FROM EACH OF THE FOLLOWING GROUPS
EACH QNSWER CARRIES TWO MARKS
1. Write a short notes an Karl Marx?
2. What is mean by white man’s burden?
3. Write about the bakthi movement?
4. What was meant by Spanish civil war?
5. What is the Rule of law?
6. What are the dangers of drug addiction?
7. What are the aims of the United Nations organization?
8. Why are safety measures essential in using roads?
Note: ANSWER ANY FOUR QUESTIONS OF THE FOLLOWING SIX QUESTION
EACH ANSWER CARRIES ONE MARKS
9. What was Risorgimento?
10. What was immediate cause of World War-I?
11. Explain Universal adult Franchise?
13. Explain the right of life?
14. What is non-alignment?
Note: ANSWER ANY FOUR QUESTIONS CHOOSING TWO FROM EACH OF THE FOLLOWING GROUPS.
EACH ANSWER CARRIES FOUR MARKS.
15. What were the terms of the treaty of Versailles?
16. Asses the role of the U.N.O in preserving world peace?
17. Give a brief account of the Indus valley civilization?
18. Explain in the role of the Gandhiji in Indian Freedom Movement?
19. Describe the factors, that contribute to the promotion of National Integration?
20. Mention the basic elements of democracy?
21. Describe the future of the status of woman in our country?
22. Explain about U.N.Security council?
Note: MARK THE FOLLOWING PLACES ON THE GIVEN WORLD OUTLINE MAP
MARK ONLY THE PLACES ANY ONE GROUP
1. Himalaya mountains 2. England 3. Beijing 4. Red sea 5. Mexico
1. Delhi 2. Indonesia 3. Brazil 4. New York 5. Pacific Ocean
Note: ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION.
ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS EACH QUESTION CARRIES ½ MARK
I. Multiple Choice Questions
1. Napoleon was greatly influenced by
a)Voltaire b)Rousseau c) Plato d)Hobes [b]
2. The Ruler of Egypt sold the shares of Suez Canal to England who was he?
a)Arabbipasha b)Ismail pasha c) Mohammad Ali d)Abdul nazar [b]
3. Sukarno was belongs to the country of?
a)Yugoslavia b)Sweden c) Indonesia d)Russia [c]
4. Where was the 1857 revolt began?
a)Delhi b)Gwalior c) Kanpur d)Meerut [d]
5. Vandemataram movement was started in?
a)1905 b)1906 c) 1907 d)1908 [a]
6. Who is the chief officer of polling booth?
a)Returning officer b)Presiding officer c) Polling Officer d)Election officer [b]
7. The year of dowry prohibition Act?
a)1955 b)1956 c) 1959 d)1961 [d]
8. How many languages are recognized by Indian constitution?
a) 18 b) 20 c) 22 d) 24 [c]
9. The head quarters of the United Nations is located in?
a)New York b)Paris c) Rome d)London [a]
10. In which day we celebrate the human rights day?
a)November 14 b)October 24 c) December 10 d)January 5 [c ]
II.FIll IN THE BLANKS
1. Bismarck’s policy was based on ------------
Ans: Blood and Iron
2. Congo was discovered by------------
3. The architect of League of Nations was -------------
Ans: Udro Wilson
4. War is to a nation what maternity is to woman was the principle advocated by--------------
15. The British who succeed in abolishing the practice of sati in India was----------
Ans: William Bentink
16. IAS stands for-----
Ans: Indian Administrative Service
17. In democracy the supreme power rests with the-------------
18. Bandung conference held in---------
19. Traffic management largely depends on ----------
Ans: Traffic education
20. Untouchability is abolished under article ------ of our constitution
III MATCH THE FOLLOWING
21. Louis Blanc A.bolshevik
22. Opium war B.Japan
23. Lenin C.Yugoslavia
24. Pan Asianism D.Socialism
25. Marshal Tito E.Inida and Briton
G.China and England
26. Aryans A.Idus valley Civilization
27. A.O.Hume B.Indian National Congress
28. First general elections C.1952
29. Minimum marriage is of girls D.vedic
30. India, china war E.Inida and Briton
G.China and England